LYC Member Code of Conduct
Membership with the Lewes Yacht Club is a privilege and with that privilege come certain responsibilities. This Member Code of Conduct outlines the expectations of LYC members to ensure that LYC members, guests, management and staff enjoy Club facilities in a safe and respectful manner.
- Members and guests will show courtesy and respect to all others at all times.
- Members and guests will observe all rules and regulations established by the Club.
- Safety First - Be mindful of individual safety and the safety of others involved on Club premises and/or during Club activities.
- Respect Always - Show respect, civility and consideration towards other Club members, guests, staff and Club property at all times.
- Honesty and Integrity - All members must ensure that they, their guests and children abide by the Club rules and this Member Code of Conduct at all times. No LYC member shall be given or expect preferential treatment, including Officers, Directors, Chairs and/or Volunteers.
- Respect, dignity and proper regard to all members’ rights and obligations.
- Respect for the privacy of others.
- Fair, considerate and honest treatment of others.
- Mature and acceptable social behavior while at the Club.
- Mindful behavior of individual safety and the safety of all others.
- Responsibility that all guests abide by the Club’s Member Code of Conduct.
Parents or parent substitutes shall be responsible for the conduct of persons in their care under 18 years of age at all times. Members, office holders and volunteers who instruct or assist children in any Club endorsed activity must adhere to the Club’s Youth Protection Policy.
Violations of the Member Code of Conduct will be referred to the appropriate committee for review and resolution. Should the member not be satisfied with the committee response, they may appeal the recommendation to the Board of Directors.